I was inspired to make this easy Indalo Rooibos Shortbread recipe after reading, "The Bookshop on the Corner" for my book club. Both the recipe and the book get two thumbs up.
ROOIBOS SHORTBREAD INGREDIENTS
1. Open the Rooibos Tea bags and deposit the contents into a coffee grinder. Grind till the tea becomes fine.
2. Cream butter, vanilla and powdered sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add flour, tea and salt. Mix until a dough is formed.
4. Roll dough in plastic wrap into a log shape and place in fridge for a half hour. You can shape it into triangle, circle, or ovals (as I did).
5. Preheat oven to 375 f.
6. Slice logs into thin discs and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake until edges are brown. Aprox 12 minutes.
7. Get a good book, pour yourself a cup of Indalo rooibos tea, and enjoy your roobios shortbread cookies.