Bananas and Rooibos...Oh my!
This moist delicious cake features bananas and rooibos, both healthy AND delicious. This cake didn't last long in this house. Hope you enjoy it!
| CAKE INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 shots Rooibos Tea Espresso
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
BANANA FROSTING (Optional)
2 Tbsp butter
2-Inch of banana
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/4 icing sugar (aprox.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Cream together room temperature butter, sugar, rooibos tea espresso, eggs, vanilla, and ripe bananas.
- In the meanwhile dissolve the baking soda into the sour cream till nearly doubled in volume. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream to batter until all is a consistent mixture.
- Add flour and baking powder. Do not over mix.
- Spray a 9 inch circle cake pan and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350F. Until cake test is done.
- Let cake cool and frost if desired.
FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS (Optional)
- In a food processor process butter with banana until blended.
- Add remaining ingredients and process till smooth.
- Add extra sugar if frosting is too loose.
- Frost cake when cool.