For this recipe I used the Rooibos Espresso Tea Pods to infuse the rooibos glaze and the actual leaves from a pod were placed into the banana bread.
ROOIBOS BANANA BREAD with ROOIBOS GLAZE
Note: Recipe can be doubled.
1. In a food processor process the bananas until pureed. Add sugar, baking soda and salt. Process for 30 seconds Add eggs and oil and blend for 10 seconds. Pour flour over and content of Indalo tea espresso pod, then add sour milk (or buttermilk) and process for 8-10 seconds until smooth.
2. Pour into loaf tin(s) and bake at 350 for 45 min-1 hr. Check for the loaf to rise, the top to brown, and that a toothpick comes out clean.
3. Allow loaf(s) to cool before adding glaze.
4. Slowly add the tea espresso to the glaze till it thickens. If you add too much at once it will be too runny. You can always add tea espresso or powdered sugar till you get desired texture.
5. Enjoy with a hot cup of Indalo Rooibos tea espresso!