Here is a unique flavored ice cream with the most delicious taste and fragrance. Impress your friends. I adapted my mother-in-law's amazing coffee ice cream recipe. This rooibos tea ice cream may be even better. Plus it contains no booze or caffeine.
- 1¼ cup milk
- 4 Rooibos Regular Tea Bags
- 2 eggs
- 1 Can Condensed Milk (fat-free also works)
- 2 cups cream, heavy or whipping
- Bring the milk to just boiling point and then turn off the heat. Add the tea bags to the milk and allow to infuse. The longer you leave it the more robust rooibos flavor it will have. It should be strained after steeping to remove an tea leaves that might have strayed and curdled cream. Our stainless steel mesh filter works great for this purpose.
- Beat the egg yolks, condensed milk, and rooibos/milk mixture together in a medium sized bowl till completely mixed.
- In a stand mixer beat the heavy cream and egg whites on high till soft peaks form. Do not beat till stiff, or it will be very hard to combine the two mixtures.
- Turn the stand mixer to a slow setting and drip the rooibos mixture into the cream very slowly. Continue to do this till all the cream and the mixture are combined and have a consistent color.
- Pour this mixture into a freezable tupperware and freeze.
- Before serving feel free to garnish top of ice cream with some rooibos tea leaves.
**Please do not leave out this ice cream and proceed with caution as recipe contains raw egg.**